Tuesday 29 April 2014

Evaluation Question 4


Who Would Be the Audience for Your Music Magazine?

My music magazine audience from the questionnaire I did earlier in the year and the reader profile I made show that the audience for the music magazine is male because 70% of the questioned where male. My music magazine questionnaire also shows that that main reader would be 11-30 year olds but a more precise look would show the main readership to be 16-24 year olds. 
The magazine has been carefully designed around around that audience. Most of the artists and bands in the magazine are male and in the same age group as the readers as i felt that this is what the age group listens to, the new genres and sounds that come from the innovative young new bands. Young people are the people most likely to go to a music festivals and so I have a whole feature on the best of the ones their are in Britain and some from the rest of the world. I even gets a tagline on the front cover. 
Young people also want more information about things that they and go and tell their social group that they know this about what happened which is why the G3's have a tagline on the front cover is for the people why want some gossip. This magazine will give them a little of that but it is mainly a serious and informative magazine, it tries to have the right mix.
Technophiles would also make up a large part of my audience, so I have added things like a QR code on the cover and the website at the bottom of each page. So that they can use their phones and computers to enhance their experience.
The audience is mainly students and so the magazine has to be cheap. My magazine costs £1 a week which is very affordable even on minimum wage. If someone does not work they most likely will have a spare pound lying around or someone to borrow a pound off because my audience is usually part of a social group that they hang out with. 







No comments:

Post a Comment